A resource for advisors
Strengthen your client relationships
Charitable giving is an important piece of the financial planning puzzle. It’s an opportunity to help your clients maximize their generosity for the causes they care most about by helping them avoid unnecessary taxation in the process.
Charitable planning can also be a chance to develop relationships with other generations and family members as you help them realize this important part of their legacy.
With a reputation for knowledgeable and responsive service, our team at Raymond James Charitable is here to serve as an extension of your own. We’ll work closely with you to help your clients pursue their philanthropic aspirations with the strategies that best align with their needs and goals.
Value for you and your clients
As the financial advisor, your clients will remain your clients throughout your work with us. The team at Raymond James Charitable is simply here to bolster your charitable planning resources and add value for you and your clients.
- Control over your client relationship
- A national field of experts in charitable giving
- A service-first approach to meet your clients’ needs
For your clients:
- Support for their holistic financial picture – not just investment advice
- Finely tuned strategies to help them give back
- Reliable, knowledgeable service to support their goals
Getting the conversation started
There are many considerations to take into account when it comes to your clients’ charitable aspirations. Consider posing some of these questions to help you get the conversation flowing.
- Is your charitable cause or legacy important to you?
- Will family members be involved after your passing?
- Are you considering selling a business? Have you considered the impact of capital gains tax?
- Are your investments highly concentrated? Are you looking for a way to diversify?
- Have you decided to use the standard deduction? Did you consider the concept of bunching?
- Do you have an existing foundation and want a simplified way to give to charities?
- Are you currently giving to any charities? Which ones, and how much?
- What do you want to accomplish through charitable giving?
- Do you have an annual budget for your giving?
- Are you making multi-year gifts to charities?
- How are you engaging your children (grandchildren) in your philanthropy?
- How involved do you want to be with your charitable giving?
- Are there any causes, or issues, that you are most concerned about?
- DAF Application
- DAF Disclosure
- DAF Investment Advisor Program (IAP) Agreement Form (Form 2784)
- DAF Investment Advisor Program (IAP) Investment Guidelines
- DAF Investment Change Form (Form 2787)
- DAF Account Change Form (Form 2789)
- Contribution Form (Form 2783)
- Contribution Form (IAD) (Form 2783)
- Contribution Form Addendum
- Contribution Form Addendum (IAD)
- Gift of Outside Assets Form (Form 2788)
- Planned Gift Donor Account Application Form (Form 2786)
- Legacy Giving Recommendation Form (Form 2785)